Wednesday, 5 October 2016



High Street VS High End 





Hello gorgeous people, sorry I have been so MIA recently: I've been particularly busy with going back to uni, getting stuck into my work and just generally trying to be sociable. I've also been travelling a lot to and from Leeds to visit my boyfriend, whilst trying to save money so it's all been a bit hectic really. 


I hope you have all had a wonderful Summer and are just excited as me for the Autumn/Winter seasons. I love everything about this time of year, from the fashion to the general weather. It's the perfect time to invest in a scented candle (can I recommend Yankee Candle Cinnamon sticks), stick a good movie on, get some snacks and curl up with a big blanket. 



So today I wanted to talk about foundation, especially because over the past year my skin has really changed and I am in a constant debate with myself on how much money I really need to spend on foundation and whether or not its really worth investing in.







So, I went through a massive Chanel stage and I do love their foundations don't get me wrong, but they were just so pricey and at the time my skin was in it's suffering stage and the coverage wasn't working for me. So I headed off to Boots to find something more affordable, which is when I came across the Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid foundation. 


After using it for a few months (yes, months! It lasts a life time it seems!) I decided to treat myself to the infamous Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation and my God I wan't disappointed! 




To make this easy I'm going to do a list of pros and cons from my personal experience with these two brands and products and hopefully it should give you an idea of whether or not it's worth spending more, or being frugal when buying your foundation!


Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation


Pros


  • Lasts FOREEEVER, seriously the coverage is so, so amazing. I can put it on at 7am and it will still look the same at 7pm!
  • Great coverage and makes the rest of your make up look more high end just because everything sticks so nicely and it blends so well
  • Has the added SPF in it because so many people underestimate sun damage!
  • There's sooo many shades to choose from so you get the perfect shade for your skin tone, they even do a skin match at the counter so you don't have to choose anything in-between! 

Cons

  • At £31 (Boots UK price) it's super pricey which is a massive put-off
  • It's actually really annoying to get out of the bottle, i'm still figuring out a way which is better than just pouring it out onto my hand because I always end up with too much product, so wasteful! 







Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid Foundation


Pros


  • It's £7.99 (Boots UK price) which really is so affordable for the 30ml you get!
  • Its super easy to apply with the pump nozzle, you never end up with too much product, yay
  • It has good old SPF 13, trust me any foundation with sun protection is a winner
  • For the price it has a decent coverage


Cons


  • Well, the coverage isn't as amazing as the Double Wear, this is the most distinctive difference with the price. This Maybelline product doesn't last too long on your face and does tend to slip and sweat off your face after a few hours, yikes. And, you do need a lot of product to get that full coverage look
  • There are only ten shades to choose from so if you're in between it can be a bit of a problem (best to go lighter, you don't want to have an obvious colour difference with your neck!)





So, if you're a bit stuck on whether or not to invest in an expensive foundation or not, I hope this, kind of, helps you in some way or another! I pinky promise I will make more of an effort to get back into the blogging world! 

X



No comments:

Post a Comment