Monday, 1 May 2017


Jeffree Star Cosmetics // Skin Frost Highlighter Review




Hiya everyone! I hope you're all having a fab bank holiday. Don't you just love a fresh new highlighter?! My Beauty Bay order arrived on Saturday and I have never been so excited for new make up. I picked up this Jeffree Star skin frost highlighter and wanted to share my first impressions with you and to share my opinions.


I knoooow everybody either loves or hates Jeffree Star, this is my first time buying from this brand so I had no idea what to expect. I've seen amazing reviews, and I've seen bad reviews. I know in the past there's been a lot of controversy surrounding JS but on this occasion, I wanted to let the product speak for the brand. 






So this cost me £25.50 from Beauty Bay, an official UK stockist for Jeffree's brand, and you get 15g of product in there. So a very good amount in my opinion. I love the bright packaging and it definitely feels weighty, not a cheap, tatty plastic at all. It's very sturdy and you would have to try very hard to break the compact mirror off. 


It has all the brand information on the bottom and as you can see I bought this in the shade Ice Cold, just because I'm very pale, sometimes colours don't suit me and most of the time I'm just not in the mood for coloured highlights. I also love that it has this huge compact mirror inside it, a lovely addition because you could use this as a compact even when the product is finished. 








Next up, let's talk about the product itself. I like to apply my highlighter with a fan brush, just because at first you get that subtle glow, but you can build it up then without it becoming too much. Ice Cold is a beaaautiful frosty highlighter. The pigment is amazing without a doubt, and it's buildable. So if you're like me and prefer a long lasting, subtle glow then this would be perfect. 


I honestly just love the way this highlighter looks and feels. When it's on my skin it doesn't feel cakey or heavy, it just feels like my skin would feel without make up. I love that you can use this on your eyes too, as it looks beautiful in the corners just to make you look more awake. It doesn't have a huge amount of fall out of product either which is really good. You can easily build the coverage on this highlighter and it's so pigmented and beautiful. 








I honestly love everything about this product and will definitely be investing in more of the Jeffree Star Cosmetics products in the future. I think next up on my wishlist is the skin frost highlight in Peach Goddess. I think this highlight is definitely worth the price, not only do you get the amazing quality packaging with the mirror, but you also get a tonne of pigmented, well formulated product. 



Have you tried any of the Jeffree Star Cosmetics products?! Which ones did you love, or hate? X 

1 comment:

  1. This loosk like a very nice and lovely highlighter to use after the makeup and highlight your facial areas. But it is quite costly and beyong my budget. So I would prefer to see more affordable options.

    ReplyDelete